The Senior Symposia program at Greenfield Community College is a collaborative effort with area senior citizens. The program encourages seniors to continue their education through attending talks on a variety of subjects. Persons of all ages are welcome to attend Senior Sym events and participate in the lively discussions that follow the presentations.
Spring 2022 Senior Symposia will be in-person at two locations in Greenfield: The John Zon Community Center (35 Pleasant Street) and the Garden Cinemas (361 Main Street). We will offer five 2-hour presentations and one 2.5-hour presentation, from late February to early May. Talks will be offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with most of the symposia running from 2-4pm. For the safety of all, attendees must wear a mask during the presentations.
In case of inclement weather, call 413-775-1010 for information about campus closure. If GCC is closed, the symposium scheduled for that day will be canceled.
No items found
- A Chat with TV Producer/Writer/Director Dean Hargrove • November 9, 2021 w/ Dean Hargrove • View the recording
- Conversations about Race: An Imperative for White People • November 3, 2021 w/ Fern Johnson, Marlene Fine • View the recording
- What Will Fix US Politics? • October 21, 2021 w/ Ray LaRaja • View the recording
- What Is in Your Water? • October 14, 2021 w/ Betsy Reilley • View the recording
- Understanding the Contemporary Trail of Tears • September 28, 2021 w/ Pat Hynes • View the recording
All Senior Symposia events are $10 per seat and require pre-registration and pre-payment.
We regret that we can not accept cash or check payment at the door at in-person events.
Senior Sym tuition is non-refundable. In the event that we have to cancel a workshop, or that you or a guest can not attend, we will issue a credit for attendance at a future event.
Unless otherwise indicated, all workshops take place from 2-4 p.m.